Sunday, September 21, 2008

Today's run

Goal: "Run" 1 mile, running 5 seconds out of every minute.

Result: Completed, finished in 17:05. I know I'm not supposed to be worried about time when running my first marathon, but the marathon I'm planning on running closes up shop 7 hours after it starts, which is a pace of about 16 minutes per mile. So if I can do a 17 minute mile being totally out of shape, and walking more than 90% of the time, I think I can finish in less than 7 hours after more than 6 months of training. W00t!

Tomorrow: Rest.

Tuesday: "Run" 15 minutes, and I'm upping it to 10 seconds out of every minute. I actually took a time keeping device with me on today's run, and it turns out my "seconds" were too long, and the 5 seconds I was counting were actually closer to 8 seconds, so moving to a larger run to walk ratio will be less of a big deal than it could be.

EDIT: I've always taken my watch with me. I just paid attention to my time during this run.

No comments: